Saturday, February 13, 2016

About those bottles of stars...

Every year I try to start a project, sort of a guerilla art thing, that will make the world better in some way. I think this year I finally found one that might work. I think I can even keep it up all year. That's my intention.

It's all about those bottles of stars. If you live in the Triad area of NC, you might see them in some of the places you go. I just dropped on off at my massage therapist's office, Shalom Therapeutic Massage, and I plan to drop off another at my dentist, Pamela Johnson-Darr in a week and a half or so.



What they are:

Glass bottles recycled from a coffee drink I really like that I buy sporadically that I have decorated by etching them. I place rubber stoppers in the tops to make them more accessible. Then, I print out sheets of colored and/or patterned paper with quotes from famous and/or influential people about one of 4 things; hope, friendship, goodness, or kindness. I cut each quote out in a strip and fold it, origami style, into a puffy star that you can open to read the quote.

Why I am doing this:

Because. Because, sometimes you need a little inspiration or a pick me up or something to make you think. I do it because, if what you read in the stars makes you feel better about yourself, or other people, or look at something from a new perspective, I feel it makes the world just a little better to live in. Maybe you'll tell someone about the quote or maybe you'll debate about whether you agree with it. It hardly costs anything for me to do this and I don't want any compensation. I just want to do something kind and loving.

What I expect:

Nothing. I think, if you are curious and want a star or two, you'll take one. If you want to tell someone about it, you will. If not, I am not bothered by that. I don't even expect you to tell me about it. Just know that I love you no matter what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment